Happy Happy Thursday My Dear Sweet Friends
Can you believe it - the weekend is just around the corner - what are your plans? I will be getting some much needed rest and hopefully be able to do a little crafting as well.
Today's post is all about the 15 minute Speed Craft Challenge and putting together my project was a lot of fun. I also got some hints and tips from my wonderful honey. Thanks Mark!!!
This challenge is all about "Sparkle and Shine".
I wanted to make a key chain and decided to use a wine cork as the base. I gathered all my supplies; got the timer set up; took the photograph of my supplies and it was finally time to push the "start" button.
This was a pretty quick project. I only had one major obstacle that kept getting in my way but I won't be sharing what it was until the end of the post. Here are the steps it took to make the key chain:
1. Glued a small washer to the top and bottom of the wine cork.
2. Quickly screwed in anchor screws on each end.
(not as easy as I thought it would be)
3. Wrapped white lace around the cork and glued the ends down.
4. Wrapped a small floral border around the top & bottom & glued edges down.
5. Added the key ring to the top.
6. Added the jump ring to the bottom anchor.
(This is where my honey was sweetly telling me how to use the two small pliers to open the jump rings - I have never done this before. At the same time I was thinking "Are you kidding me?" It was like I was using two left feet instead of my hands.
(again, not as easy as I hoped it would be).
7. Finally added the "Sparkle & Shine" (pendant) with the small pearls at the bottom.
8. Last step was to add the pink lace and tie a small bow around the perimeter of the wine cork.
And here's my final time. WooHoo!!
Now, are you wondering what my biggest obstacle was?
((( MY FINGERNAILS )))
Yap - they kept getting in the way. They are way to long and I couldn't hold on to the small pliers to save my life. Ultimately I came up with a solution - I used my nails to open up the jump rings. So it turns out for this project my nails were a blessing and a curse.
So come on over and join in The Speed Challenge. The Design Team has some inspiring projects to help you get you started.
I look forward to seeing what you create!!
With hugs and smiles