Skip to main content

Ballet Fairy

Happy Happy Thursday My Dear Sweet Friends

I hope your week has been going fabulously!

I have some wonderful and exciting news to share today.  I am now on the Scrapper's Delight Design Team.  I am on the Thrifty Thursday Team - WooHoo!!  I am thrilled and over-joyed and thank you so much Janice for such a wonderful opportunity.  It means so much to me.  And this is my first project which is a greeting card using this fabulous image called "Ballet Fairy."  


This adorable ballet fairy is part of Thrifty Thursday's at Scrapper's Delight which means that she and some other adorable images are only a $1.00 for a limited time.  The link above takes you to Janice's Store.

It was love at first sight with this little cutie.  I must confess there is one thing I always do first and that is add some color to the lips.  It's almost an obsession.  I am not sure why but it might be due to  always seeing mom put her lipstick first. Maybe I am a little strange but it's fun and just part of who I am and it makes me smile.  LOL

I then added a light base color to her wings and moved on to her hair.

The Copic colors I used are for this card are:

BV11, 13
E000, 00, 11, 31, 33, 35
R81, 83, 85
Y08
YG21, 23, 25

I do a lot of paper-piecing/fussy cutting and fortunately she was easy to cut out.  I printed another image of her onto the multi-tone cardstock and glued the colored image on top.  I wanted to give a festive look and added the two rows of ribbon.  She was a joy and delight to color.

 I hope you will check out the Scrapper's Delight store.  There are so many amazing images to color as well as the Thrifty Thursday $1.00 images.  The link is above.

Have a great rest of your week.
With hugs and smiles
Laine Kammeraad
DT Scrapper's Delight


I have also entered this card into the following challenges:

Comments

  1. Wow stunning. Love your image which you have coloured so beautifully. Nice work.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Annette. I really appreciate your wonderful comment. You made my day.

      With smiles
      Laine Kammeraad
      DT - Scrapper's Corner

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge…
    [Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! The colours are so rich and the image is coloured in perfectly. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Anything Goes! Good Luck! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! So lovely image and your coloring is amazing! Wow!
    Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laine this is a very beautiful image and card
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional wedding” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

With hugs and smiles

Laine

www.hugs4theheartdesigns.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Kitty Love Blog Hop - and the WINNER IS:

Final Update - Febraury 15th

Well sweet friends the Knitty Kitty Blog Hop is over and we all had such a great time.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the rest of the Design Team blogs as well.  

It's also time for me to announce the winner of the absolutely adorable Knitty Kitty Digi's named KleoKatra.  And the winner is:

((((((((((Drum Roll Please)))))))))

Hetty Sanders

Congratulations Hetty!!!!  We really appeciate your joining in our blog hop.  You will be receiving your image soon.

With smiles
Laine 

*******************************************************************************


Happy Valentines Day Sweet Friends

The Giveaway has now ended. 
Winners from the BlogHop will be announced tomorrow. 



UPDATE FEBRUARY 12th

There's two days left in the Knity Kitty Blog Hop.  There is still time to enter and join in the chance to win some images from our GiveAway.





Oh My Sweet Friends It's blog hop time with Knitty Kitty Digi's.  This hop will be running between February 6th thro…

It's All About the "Wedding" Dress

Happy Happy Sunday My Dear Sweet Friends
Today I am sharing my DT project with Morgan's Art World  I just love this her and it's the image of the month at Morgan's Art World on Facebook.  She is free for members for the next three days.  This is a closed Facebook group but you can still join after you sign up and are added to the group.
Morgan's Art World
I just love this gorgeous bride image and she was fun but a little intimidating to color.  In all honesty, I have to learn how to color veils and other sheer items and hopefully it's a class Alyce - Kit and Clowder.  
I hope you will join in the June Challenge and looking forward to seeing what you create with this gorgeous image from Morgan.
Have a great day!!
With hugs and smiles Laine Kammeraad DT - Saturday Inspiration Colorist- Morgan's Art World

I am also entering this card into the following Challenges:

Come and Get it Challenges

Ave 613 Challenge #179

Classic Design Team Challenge

Creatalicious Challenges  #92


Addic…

Cinderella goes Camo

Hello my dear sweet friends -

I hope this finds you doing well.  It's been a while since I have been able to post and yet I have been able to get quite a few loose ends tied up.  I ended up making a quick trip to California to get the rest of personal stuff out of storage.  I am no longer scattered across three states and I can't even begin to express how wonderful that feels.  It will take me some time to get all my craft stuff set up and organized again but it looks like I will be able to really get on the ground running again.  It was a group effort and my sisters and brother in law were amazing and so incredibly helpful.  

A few days before the trip I received a phone call (out of the blue) from a dear friend I worked with at the Police Department in California 20 years ago.  It was great hearing from him and we have been having fun getting caught up on things. My my, so many new and exciting changes.  I am still working on getting my health back on track and doctors say I a…