Happy Saturday My Dear Sweet Friends
I have been spoiled the last several days with glorious sunny weather. And right now its a little gloomy and probably some rain on the way. How about you? How has your weather been treating you??
Today I am sharing a DT project with Fitztown for the current challenge. I am loving posting a new Saturday project every other week. And this is my newest one.
This is an altered trinket box I created using Fae #22 and this was an amazing digital image to work with. My Copics were screaming at me to get busy creating. And creating this altered box really was a lot of fun.
To create this project I:
- Sanded the box.
- Painted all of it - inside and out.
- Added cardstock around the entire box (except lid sides).
- Used Mod Podge to seal it.
- Added a border of cardstock to the top of lid.
- Colored image with Copics.
- Cut out Image.
- Added Image to top of Box.
- Sealed with Mod Podge.
- Added another coat of Mod Podge to entire box.
- Added lace around side of the top lid.
- Added cardstock to inside of box.
- Sealed it all with two coats of Mod Podge.
And that's all there is to it. It's an easy project but does take a little time for all the drying time of paint as well as Mod Podge.
Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you will join in our challenge and looking forward to seeing your creations.
DT Fitztown Challenge